- Assistance for people planning a trip to tropical areas or developing countries through:
- Personalised health advice
- Recommended travel vaccinations
- Personalised prescription of antimalarial prevention medication.
- Issue of European Union Digital COVID Certificate
- Human Rabies Immunoprophylaxis Service
- Tetanus / Diphtheria
- Tetanus / Diphtheria / Pertussis
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A (both infant and adult)
- Meningitis ACWY
- Yellow Fever
Medical consultation: free of charge – Vaccination for yellow fever: €19.46 to be paid into a bank account using the forms provided by the Centre. – Other vaccines recommended for your trip: €36,85 each.
You should plan to visit the centre at least one month before travelling. You should provide the doctor with as much information as possible about your travel plans: areas you plan to visit, duration, and type of trip.
You must request an appointment (except for the issue of duplicate international vaccination certificates for persons previously vaccinated at the Centre)
A separate appointment is required for each person who needs to attend the centre, regardless of age. For children who can not provide proof of identity, you should request the appointment in the name of a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must accompany the child. For any further information, please contact our centre.
Opening hours are 08:30 am to 01:00 pm on weekdays (excluding holidays).
Documentation required: DNI (Spanish ID card), NIE (foreigner’s ID card) or passport. Previous vaccination card.
The EU Digital COVID Certificate is a digital accreditation that a person:
- has been vaccinated against COVID-19, or
- has had a negative test result, or
- has recovered from COVID-19.
Key features of the EU-DCC:
- digital or paper format.
- with QR code.
- in national language and English.
- safe and secure.
- the vaccination certificate is valid for a maximum of 1 year.
What type of Digital COVID Certificate can the in-person DCC issuing points generate?
All in-person issue points in the Madrid Region can issue COVID Digital Certificates to those who expressly request it, provided that they fulfil the conditions for the issue of each DCC:
- Vaccination and recovery certificates.
- Test certificates (PCR and antigen tests) are issued by the laboratories or centres authorised by the Consejería de Sanidad de la Comunidad de Madrid (printing a previously generated certificate).
What is the EU Digital COVID Certificate for?
The Digital COVID Certificate enables mobility between EU Member States for those who can prove one of the three conditions mentioned above (vaccination, negative test result, or recovery from COVID-19).
So, it is not a passport or a travel document that enables or restricts the right to free movement within the European Union. Instead, it is an instrument that facilitates mobility between the Member States while protecting public health.
All citizens, even if they have a current and valid DCC, should consult the regulations of each EU country they plan to visit to check each member state’s conditions regarding accepting Digital COVID Certificates.
As explained in the sections above, when travelling, any EU or third country citizen who is legally present or resident in the EU and in possession of a Digital COVID Certificate should be exempt from free movement restrictions in the same way as citizens of the Member State they are visiting. However, some Member States may impose additional restrictions on the certificates they accept or require further proof or quarantine, for example (see next slide). But if they do so, it must always have notified the Commission and all other Member States beforehand, with the corresponding justification for its decision.
The EU runs a website with information about regulations in different countries. Anyone can enter their country of origin and destination to consult the regulations before travelling.
How will people obtain the certificate?
National authorities, in this case, the Madrid Region, are responsible for issuing and signing the certificate. It can be issued, for example, by hospitals, test centres or health authorities authorised by the Regional Health Ministry (Consejería de Sanidad de la Comunidad de Madrid).
It can be issued on paper and in digital format. Both have a QR code containing essential information and a digital signature to ensure the certificate is authentic.
The EU Digital COVID Certificate Can Be Obtained From
International Vaccination Centre: European Union Digital COVID Certificate, with an appointment.
You can request an appointment through the following channels:
- Online: by accessing the appointment service and selecting the service: European Union digital COVID certificate and the office: International Vaccination Centre.
- By telephone: calling 010
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LineaMadrid
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LineaMadrid
The Madrid Region provides the following channels for requesting and issuing Digital COVID Certificates (DCCs):
- Online: with delivery in digital format.
- Using the Virtual Health Card app (operational since 15th June 2021). https://www.comunidad.madrid/noticias/2020/07/22/habilitamos-opcion-activar-tarjeta-sanitaria-virtual-traves-telefono-900-102-112
- Through the new Citizen’s Portal for managing Digital COVID Certificates (active since 22nd June 2021). https://cvd.sanidad.gob.es/cvdcovid/cvdcovid-formulario/index.xhtml
- In-person: with certificate delivery in paper format and an SMS message for online access (if the Madrid Regional government has the person’s updated contact details).
- At private clinics and laboratories authorised by the Region’s Health Ministry to issue the DCC for diagnostic tests (PCR and Antigens) at those clinics.
- At the Madrid Regional government’s issuing points, to obtain vaccination, recovery and diagnostic test certificates.
Location and contact information:
Address: C/Montesa, 22, Edificio C, Planta Baja , 28006 Madrid
District: Lista / Salamanca
Appointments by telephone:
- Calling from Madrid metropolitan area. 010
- Calling from outside Madrid metropolitan area. +34 91 529 82 10
How to get there:
Bus: Lines 1, 2, 12, 15, 15, 21, 26, 29, 30, 38, 43, 48, 48, 53, 56, 61, 63, C1, C2, 71, 74, 106, 110, 210, 143, 146, 152 and 215
Metro station: Manuel Becerra.
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 2 pm
You must request an appointment (except for the issue of duplicate international vaccination certificates for Yellow Fever for persons previously vaccinated at the Centre)